INSIDE is our magazine that will accompany with you on a journey to discover Lugano Convention & Exhibition facilities and events, as well as the most up to date sector's trends. Month after month, we will introduce ourselves little by little and, at the same time, we will let you know - as an "insider" - the history, the peculiarities, the news and, why not, some curious aspects about the venues that will host your events. It's really simple to keep on following us on this fascinating journey: just CLICK on the SIGN UP button at the bottom of the page and confirm your subscription to INSIDE… we take care of the rest.
- The Asilo Ciani is restored to its former glory29 März 2023News— von Luca Grassi
The Asilo Ciani has been inaugurated after lengthy restoration works. It has once again opened its doors as a venue for events and conferences.
- News— von Luca Grassi
Presented to an international audience on March 3rd of last year, Lugano Plan ₿ celebrated its first anniversary last Friday at the Conza Pavilion
- Lugano hosts the first edition of the ESMO congress on sarcoma and rare cancersNews— von Luca Grassi
Organized at the Palazzo dei Congressi by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), the "Sarcoma and Rare Cancers" is the first edition of an important event for medical oncology.
- Sustainability convenes in Ticino17 November 2022News— von Luca Grassi
The first edition of TICINO SOSTENIBILE, the forum dedicated to all that concerns environmental, economic, social, technological and energy sustainability in the canton of Ticino and neighbouring territories, kicked off.
- Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain sell out at PCL31 Oktober 2022News— von Luca Grassi
Great success for Lugano Plan ₿, the first world forum dedicated to the development and everyday use of cryptocurrencies.
- Wopart, the international 'Works on Paper' fair, celebrates its seventh editionNews— von Luca Grassi
The event, created in 2016 under the patronage of the City of Lugano, is open from 23 to 25 September at the Lugano Exhibition Centre, and allows visitors to admire - but also purchase - the works of great international masters.
- 3Achain flies to the finals of the Smart Cities Contest 2022!15 September 2022News— von Luca Grassi
The institutional blockchain, promoted by the City of Lugano, has been shortlisted among the best projects for the Smart Cities contest 2022, organized by the IEEE (the world's largest technical professional organization)
- SUPSI celebrates 25 years. The topic is: Sustainability13 September 2022News— von Luca Grassi
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, SUPSI is publishing its first Sustainability Report, full of projects, testimonials and good practices promoted by SUPSI for the benefit of its academic community and its territory.
- Villa Ciani hosts the biannual meeting of TTSCC12 September 2022News— von Luca Grassi
Representatives of the Convention Centres that are members of TTSCC, the association that brings together the country's 10 largest Convention Centres, met in Lugano to take stock of the situation and address the hot topics of the conference industry.
- Lugano becomes the world capital of Adventure Travel!31 August 2022News— von Luca Grassi
For the first time in attendance since 2019, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) will organise its annual World Summit in Lugano. The event is from 3 to 6 October at the Palazzo dei Congressi.
- Forthcoming reopening of the Ex Asilo Ciani24 August 2022Focus— von Luca Grassi
After more than two years of restructuring work - both on the exterior and, mainly, on the interior - the historic building known as the ' Ex-Asilo Ciani' will reopen its doors next January.
- Swiss from all over the world gather in Lugano22 August 2022News— von Luca Grassi
In Lugano, the Fifth Switzerland discussed democracy and the free circulation of people.
- News— von Luca Grassi
At the Palazzo dei Congressi took place the Ukraine Recovery Conference. More than 50 government delegations, international organisations and private companies gathered to address the reconstruction of Ukraine and establish a common protocol.
- The 4th edition of APCCC (Advanced Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference) lands in Lugano, in a hybrid formatNews— von Luca Grassi
From 28 to 30 April, experts and researchers from all over the world will gather at the Palazzo dei Congressi (and, alternatively, via streaming) to discuss and evaluate developments in the fight against advanced prostate cancer.
- SUPSI Innovation Forum at PCL addresses sustainable developmentNews— von Luca Grassi
The third edition of the Southern Switzerland Innovation Forum was held at the Palazzo dei Congressi on 8 April 2022. Among the speakers were Federal Councillor Simonetta Sommaruga and the President of Ticino's Council of State, Manuele Bertoli.
- The Palazzo dei Congressi joins the SWISSTAINABLE sustainability programmeNews— von Luca Grassi
The campaign, promoted by Switzerland Tourism and the Swiss tourism industry, is a long-term, step-by-step sustainability strategy aiming to benefit the environment, guests and the positioning of Switzerland as a "sustainable" country.
- "There is a great desire to meet again" - Interview with Sacha Von Büren, head of the Palazzo dei CongressiFocus— von Silvia Onorato
A talk with Sacha Von Büren, head of the Palazzo dei Congressi, Villa Ciani and the other Lugano Conventions facilities. A look at current challenges and future trends.
- The Meetings industry unites to condemn the Russian invasion of UkraineNews— von Luca Grassi
The MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Congress & Exhibition) sector expresses its closeness to the Ukrainian people and, in some cases, takes sanctions against Russian delegations.
- Lugano: European Capital of blockchain technologyNews— von Luca Grassi
Lugano and Tether Operations Limited have announced a collaboration to create a European centre of excellence for the adoption of blockchain technology.
- From Ticino to the world: IOR and IOSI update the global scientific community on lymphomasNews— von Luca Grassi
The New England Journal of Medicine has commissioned the two Ticino institutes to update the medical world on this topic. This success is also due to the biennial appointment at the Palazzo dei Congressi of ICML, the world congress on malignant lymphomas.
- The AGIRE Foundation, a driver of regional innovation, celebrates its 10th anniversaryNews— von Luca Grassi
To celebrate the anniversary, a major online event was held yesterday, on February 2, 2022, with stories and testimonials on the theme of innovation. Among the speakers were State Councillor Christian Vitta and the President of AGIRE, Luca Bolzani.
- The Ticino Delegation of EXPO-EVENT was born!28 Januar 2022News— von Luca Grassi
The Ticino members of Expo Event Swiss LiveCom Association met for the first time in Lugano, in the presence of the President of the Expo Event, Christoph Kamber.
- A vision for Lugano. The new City Masterplan25 Januar 2022News— von Luca Grassi
In the last 50 years, the aggregation of 19 municipalities has led the city of Lugano to more than double its territory and population. The new City Master plan addresses this challenge by projecting the city to 2050.
- Happy Birthday USI!!!15 Dezember 2021Focus— von Luca Grassi
In Ticino, 2021 will be remembered not only (hopefully) for the heavy pandemic: it also marks the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Università della Svizzera italiana...
- The best innovative projects compete at BOLDBRAIN Startup Challenge 2021News— von Luca Grassi
On Thursday, December 2, the Palazzo dei Congressi will host the 2021 Award Ceremony of the acceleration program for innovative startups.
- A successful "Extra Time" for Wopart, the paper artwork exhibition22 November 2021News— von Luca Grassi
After the positive outcome of the online edition of 2020, Wopart - the first world fair dedicated to the artwork on papers - returns in attendance with the title "Extra Time".
- Lugano NFT Week: Crypto Art and Non-fungible Tokens show up at Villa CianiNews— von Luca Grassi
Great success for the exhibition promoted by Lugano Living Lab, the City of Lugano's digital innovation laboratory.
- MUSIC 4 HOPE: Sport and Music join forces against childhood cancerNews— von Luca Grassi
At Palazzo dei Congressi a concert of the Swiss rock band "Gotthard" for the 10 years of GREEN HOPE, the foundation for the fight against childhood cancer
- The watchword is: SUSTAINABILITY22 September 2021News— von Luca Grassi
Sustainability, the ability "to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs" (2015 ONU decl.) is now on everyone’s lips. In Lugano, sustainability navigates in good waters...
- ESPES, the European Society of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons is the 1st internacional congress in presence at PCLNews— von Luca Grassi
In full compliance with new anti-covid Swiss regulations, the specialists in non-invasive pediatric surgery meet again face-to-face.
- At the Exhibition Center Ronaldo scores a GOAL !!!!!!8 September 2021News— von Luca Grassi
CR7 commercial backstage shot last May at the Conza Pavilion has finally been revealed.
- Excuse me, which way to Lugano?2 September 2021Focus— von Luca Grassi
Getting to Lugano for congressists and visitors is now much easier than in the past. For those who have missed the last episodes, let’s take stock of the situation about road and rail network.
- From the Mediterranean to the shores of Lake Ceresio: the major themes of the Mediterranean Middle East region at MEM Summer Summit ForumNews— von Luca Grassi
The MEM Summer Summit 2021 Forum, held in hybrid mode at Università della Svizzera italiana, has just ended. To be highlighted the presence of Federal Councilor Ignazio Cassis and Omani Foreign Minister Sayyid Badr Al Busaidi.
- Ticino Ticket is now available also in digital formatNews— von Luca Grassi
Ticino Ticket, the free public transport system available for all Ticino region, for guests and tourists, four years after its debut is transformed and opens to digital.
- Palazzo dei Congressi becomes member of EXPO EVENT15 Juli 2021News— von Luca Grassi
The Palazzo dei Congressi, together with some local firms, is now member of the EXPO EVENT Swiss LiveCom Association.
- ICCA “reinvents” its 2020 Report: no ranking among destinationsFocus— von Luca Grassi
Due to the pandemic, ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association) reinvents the 2020 Statistical Report on International Association Meetings. Instead of ranking destinations, ICCA focuses on a global analysis about covid-19 impact.
- The Ten Swiss Convention Centres are fully open for business again!News— von Luca Grassi
The campaign #MeetInSwitzerland started all over Switzerland yesterday. In fact, from 26 June 2021, large-scale events can be organized again, with participation in the presence.
- Back to attendance? SWISSMEM passes the test!24 Juni 2021News— von Luca Grassi
The SWISSMEM Industry Day was held at the Palazzo dei Congressi, the first "pilot" congress in the post-covid era.
- Record of - virtual - attendance for ICML, but there is nostalgia for the face-to-faceNews— von Luca Grassi
The 16th edition of ICML - INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MALIGNANT LYMPHOMA, the world's largest conference dedicated to research on malignant lymphomas, ended in the best possible way
- The 16th edition of ICML is online: the congress is virtual, but the fight (against malignant lymphomas) is real.News— von Luca Grassi
The sixteenth edition of ICML, the most important world conference on malignant lymphomas, starts today. The totally virtual mode - because of pandemic - had no negative effects on the number of participants, quite the contrary.
- Events in times of pandemics: just crises or even opportunities?Focus— von Luca Grassi
Roberto Badaracco, Municipal Councilor of the City of Lugano since 2016, Head of the Culture, Sport and Events Department, answers some questions on the challenges of the sector, underlining the importance of events and advancing scenarios for the future.
- Focus— von Luca Grassi e Pietro Montorfani
On the seventh centenary of Dante Alighieri's death, celebrated with great honors all over the world, we must mention that even in Lugano there is a little piece of medieval Florence, hanging on the walls of Villa Ciani.